An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Life:

Google defines it as "the experience of living; the course of human events and activities" among other things.
I currently define it as "a vast collection of misunderstandings, misconceptions, and miscommunications set to music" this is all just crazy and there's no way to figure it out completely. The misunderstanding part is usually illustrated very well. Misunderstandings are everywhere. Right now, I can think of some big ones as recent as 24 hours ago. As it is not possible to figure out such a complex but wholly necessary demon (life is necessary for life, believe it or not), the best I can do is try to make it as good as possible: for me. I have to make things good for me, and me alone. Martyrdom may get a person into history, but will that person have lived a fulfilling life? No. I don't want to be a martyr. I want to live "the good life" , like the one Rivers Cuomo sings about. Maybe then I'll have freedom from slight, but very real neuroses. Neuroses is a good word, but apparently it's not used any more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you'll be ok. i love you <3