An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

New Nas

I just started listening to the advance leak of this album, "Street's Disciple." So far, one track stands out a lot as being very good and true: Coon Picnic. I encourage everyone to listen to this song and realize that so many of the black personalities we see on TV (Especially BET and UPN. Fuck those channels!) are nothing more than minstrels and they really make blacks look terrible. Not only that, but young blacks see these characters (I emphasize "characters") on TV and think that it's cool and acceptable to act that way. This perpetuates a lot of the ignorant behavior that young black people engage in today. So we have other races watching these channels and believing that that's all we're about, and impressionable black minds watching this garbage and being influenced by it, and SHOWING everyone that that's all we're about. It's all very fucked up, and if you don't believe it's true, try catching some of the quality programming on those channels. I was not aware that my life was supposed to be entirely comprised of acting the fool, fucking, and thugging. I'm going to add a link at the bottom of this post, because I think this is an important message that needs to get out, and music is a good medium for any message. I'll take the link down in a week or so, I think.


Nas - Coon Picnic (These Are Our Heroes)

Hi, I took the files off my UD webspace because there simply wasn't enough space for me to do my work and have the file available there. Now it's on yousendit.com and um, there are only a few downloads available. Please comment if you need me to re-up it.

No comments: