~
Sometimes I like my music loud. So loud that it sort of arrests my other senses and forces me to listen with everything I've got. My body feels numb in a way that is indescribable. When it is loud enough that other things cannot be concentrated on, those other things that cannot be focused upon cease to matter. In a way though, they matter more than everything else. If the music is loud, I can reflect on things that I would otherwise be too busy for. Every day, one is bombarded by so much information. Every sight, taste, smell, feeling, and noise; these are all pieces of information that are force-fed to our persons every conscious moment. For me, it is helpful to just concentrate on a single sense sometimes. I usually do not do this, but in the future I will make a point to do it more. I feel like if I saturate myself with one sense, it will help the others along in some strange way.
An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.
Sunday, May 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment