An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Canibus - Can-I-Bus (1998)

(03:14:01 PM) Noah: I style with them hammers x4,
I wild with your nana x2,
Doggie style on the hamper x2,

(04:36:44 PM) Noah: Hey so I'm listening to Can-I-Bus for the first time in years
(04:36:56 PM) Noah: Canibus is just so fucking pretentious with the scientific shit, it's amazing
(04:37:29 PM) Noah: "You don't even know the sequences to the human genome project", as if he knows
(04:37:48 PM) Noah: I guess all of his puffing just seemed so impressive in 7th grade
(04:37:58 PM) Noah: Puffery MCs

Edit: I still love Canibus, partly for the reasons listed above. No one does the science-in-rap thing better. The beef between Bis and LL was one of the most exciting events during my childhood, in relation to hip-hop. His debut album was probably my first big musically disappointment. Discovering 2000 B.C. when I thought Canibus had disappeared from the face of the earth was incredible. Popping the disc into my cd player and realizing that even though Canibus wasn't the second coming of Rakim that everyone expected, but that he was something much more than a flash in the pan, has been interesting.

No comments: