What I've learned in M210
- Numbers are awesome. Integers are way more awesome than other rational numbers, as far as I can tell.
- I suck pretty bad at writing proofs, but a well written proof is a beautiful thing to read. I enjoy reading proofs, and I get satisfaction from writing them when I actually can.
- Math is not so hard if you have the proper foundations. Me, I did not have the proper foundations, and as such I am more prone to getting lost or getting stuck on steps. These foundations allow one to break the math down into smaller more managable sub-steps that can generally be done using the more basic knowledge. Everything in math should be broken down into the smallest possible step, which will then use a higher level skill to get to the next part, which will then use a higher level skill. When I pick up pieces of the foundation I should have had, though, one or more mathematical doors is unlocked to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment