An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hey, it's been a while since I have blogged!

I'm working again. Same shit, different location.

Some things I will do this summer:
  • Make my arms strong enough to support the entire weight of my body for a good length of time.
  • Purchase a nice digital camera and take beautiful pictures with it.
  • Dispel some of the myths I have learned over the years about life, the innate differences between sexes (believe me, this would sound a lot less strange if I explained it), and other things. All in all, this should give me a sliver of enlightenment and make me a better person.
  • Learn, always learn. Read a lot. But more than reading, doing. I want to make myself stronger academically, but not in a classroom setting necessarily, as I do not really plan on registering for summer classes. I know I can do this, because I am me.
  • Perform the kinds of recreational activities that give me lasting memories and change me for the better both physically and otherwise.
  • Listen to new music, see new music being performed (I am already pretty far into both of these. I am enjoying Black Eyes and Liars very much, and their music is exactly what I want right now.)
  • Reflect on what I believe is a major folly of humanity: the overwhelming majority's perception that we are something significantly greater than the other biological entities that exist on this planet. We are no better than the sea lion, and our basic needs are not that much different. We are also not too much prettier than they are. If people were naked more often, they would see how much they resembled every other thing on this planet. One of the main things that seperates "man" from "beast" is clothing. I'd like to organize some kind of nudity thing, but I do not know how well it would be received, how successful it would be, and most importantly, I do not know if it is something I really want to do. It might be absolutely wrong. I still believe that clothing is one of the things that is blinding man from the truth about his existence.
Ha-ha, look at all that pseudo-intellectual bullshit I wrote. Sorry, but that's how I feel right about things right now.

Quantum science is way cool.

No comments: