An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Wild Frontier Of The Internet

Well, the internet is a crazy place. I have some things to say about it. If you're spending any large amount of your free time, or other time for that matter, on the internet, it is highly likely that you are a member of some kind of internet community. Maybe even a few. Internet communities are great places for information, but they are also filled with some of the worst kinds of people. People who do not engage in normal social interactions find the internet to be a great place to "be somebody," and often times they take this to the extreme: they "be somebody" other than who they actually are in real life.

I try to be myself on the internet and it works quite well. No, I have not constructed some invincible internet persona that I use as a medium to tell tall and legendary tales. Some people do this. A lot of people actually, do this. In fact, I don't even tell many tales of my real life on the internet, to internet users. I feel like that's a perfect way to spread misinformation, which is something I am vehemently against. If you know me, you already know this though. The internet is just as good for information as it is for lies. By and large, this internet is pretty accepting. If you cannot exist happily in some dark corner out here, there's really no hope for you. If you manage to alienate everyone on the internet who you happen to meet, you are lost and I do not know how to help you.


Blogger is still fucking up. It's fucking up in a different way now (you may notice that my text is being eaten by the menu on the right). This is bound to happen once in a while. It's a free service that is mostly awesome, though.

No comments: