An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Horrors behind my eyes
Sleep is usually a good thing. Not only does it replenish energy, organize thoughts, and give you something to do for about eight hours, but there is also a chance that your subconscious mind will cook up some wonderful fantasy for you. One of the most terrible things that can happen is for that fantasy to be twisted into a horror. In dreams I have seen things worse than I have ever seen in real life. Catastrophes so great in scale, with so much death and suffering that they make even the worst current events seem like normal occurences. To make it worse, I experience them all firsthand as they happen. This doesn't happen too often, but it has been happening with greater frequency over the last month. Luckily, in most of these nightmares there is some shred of hope. I do believe that if something terrible were to happen to man as a species, there would be some shred of hope in most cases. Something has to survive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dreams are an intense trip. I haven't read anything on the philosphy but i can imagine it is an intense field. I mean the dreams i have had are all too foreign to my conscious mind. Shit i could never think about when i am awake happens in dreams. And it weird thing is it only stays conscious to you for a few minutes after you wake up. As if its not suppose to be remembered. Maybe some other real trippy shit happens during your dream that you never know about because it doesn't become apparent to you when you wake up. And theres the theory of death and dreams where maybe your whole life could be lived through a dream in a waking state. Your consciously in your sub-conscious. Crazy shit with dreams, crazy shit that i will never fully understand.
Post a Comment