An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Rock Bottom Slots!

I wrote this at 7:50AM this past Wednesday or Thursday morning. I do not remember which. Probably Wednesday. Let's get started:

I am watching what might be the worst infomercial I have ever seen. I've never seen a person sell a slot machien on television until now. I'm still in a state of disbelief. This is real.

"You're serious? Wow, that's amazing!" (An actor hired to look like a consumer, speaking in regards to the price of this great slot machine.)

The way they have it set up , they have a bunch of attractive, well-dressed people standing around playing slots with these salesmen. Television salesmen.

"Nothing like this has ever been done before!"

"Look at the mesmerizing lightshow! Listen to the riot of electronic sound!" (Real quote)

"A $3500 value for 5 payments of $99, no 4 payments of $99 with 100 tokens (a $50 value!), absolutely free!
Since the new year is coming around, and we want everyone to be able to afford this great offer, we're taking it down to 3 easy payments of $99 and an extra 100 tokens for a total of 200 free tokens. This ridiculous rock bottom offer can't last! So buy now!"

How do they come up with the ideas for the commercials they use to peddle this shit?

Check out the awesome website.

No comments: