Power is something that's pretty hard to figure out. What is power? How can we get power? What is power? What is power? Let's take man and woman for example. Man has an overt power over woman in most cultures. Even here in western society, where things are supposed to be equal, or at least getting there, you'd be hard pressed to find one person who truly believes that women are more powerful than men. At least as far as show of power goes. As undeniable as this is, it is equally undeniable that any woman can have power over most men. There's a certain kind of hypnosis they are capable of. I've been a victim. I assume most men have. It's a bitch, it's a doozy, you do things you would never expect yourself to do. So really, the power balance between men and women is very well...balanced.
I believe that in all seemingly unequal power struggles, the power balance could be equalized or shifted, were the opressed party to realize that they have something that the oppressor wants. This is the case in all power struggles. Everyone has something to bring to the table. If you find yourself in a situation where you feel powerless, think about what it is that the person who holds power over you wants from you, and deny them that. See how the power shifts.
An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.
Monday, November 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You say you were a "victim" of some kind of hypnosis, was it love? If so, you speak of it as if it is a terrible hypnosis. You must have let a power struggle take you away from someone you cared about
It's not a bad thing.
What do you mean by this:
"You must have let a power struggle take you away from someone you cared about"
I'm not sure what you are trying to get across.
No point really, just conjecturing that a power struggle must have ruined a bond you had with someone or caused you to lose a relationship with someone.
That's a pretty broad statement to make. I cannot discredit it though. A lot of arguments in relationships can be interpreted as power struggles, even if neither party recognizes the argument as such. It took me a few minutes to think of a power struggle, because I had to reinterpret something from my past as one. But yes, a power struggle has essentially ruined a relationship I had with someone in the past.
So in actuality, it was the power struggle itself that was so powerful. I hope you may be able to reclaim that bond (if you so desire). I know it was a broad statement, I was just speculating.
Post a Comment