An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Last.fm - I love you. But why are you so wildly inaccurate?
If you scroll down the right side of this blog you'll see that I added my Last.fm weekly artists chart. Last.fm (link) is a website / program that watches your favorite music player in Windows, Linux, or OSX and sends the tracks you play to a website. On this website all of the information is compiled and you get a nice chart that shows you your listening trends and it will even recommend you other stuff to listen to based on what your tastes seem to be. There are other features too...but to me this is the most important. I only wish that it was more accurate. As it stands, it makes no fucking sense most of the time and it tells me all this wrong information. Apparently from Dec. 25 to Jan 1 I only listened to 89 different tracks. I find that hard to believe. It could be possible that I'm not listening to as much music as I think I am. In any case, I recommend this free service highly. Maybe you'll get better results than I have. I've been using this for quite a while. It's been a year and a few months. I had it back when it was called audioscrobbler. Have fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment