An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Life is like what?
I can now see life as a game. In this game, people play in many different ways. Some, like Dave Chappelle once said, are "always trying to get points." That's not the way I play. I myself find myself like the player who wants to get the most out of life. That is to say, I see myself as the player who wants to experience as much of the game's content as possible before it's game over. There are many perks to this. I feel that this kind of gameplay has the most benefits, and offers the richest experience I could have in the game. The other player types include: the casual-good player, the cheater, the spaz (button mashers are like people who flail their arms lol), the one who doesn't want to put in the time necessary to get good (losers lol), and the game genius-who can figure out exactly how the thing works behind the scenes and therefore can use/exploit all of it's richness and knowing exactly why things happen as they do. In other words, the person who is able to figure out the secrets. This guy though, he may not exist in real life, at least not as powerful as he is in the world of games. It is only since modern times that man has had the tools necessary to even come close to doing this. Never before have we come so close to touching the very fabric of our world. A game. That's all this is. When you think about it that way, it's far easier to take it easy and try to enjoy what you do. Life is not just a game. It's also a dance and a metaphor for the seasons, among other things. But for me, right now, when I can, I like to think of this as a game. I'll play it may way, you play it yours, and maybe I'll see you one day in a dragon's lair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment