If you remember (you don't have to remember), I have strings of terrible terrible dreams where either I die or everyone in the world dies. I hadn't had one in a while. I just had one, and I will share it. The central event in this dream is a Wu-Tang Clan concert in Ocean City, New Jersey that has yet to happen (this coincides with tonight's Wu concert in Philadephia). Everyone in the dream is just hanging out on the beach, having a great time. A few of my close friends are there, and aside from that I still know tons of people there. It's nice. Sunshine, pretty girls, beach smells, et cetera. I get in the water, and a wave hits us. Then another one. They keep coming. They happen in fast succession and get progressively stronger; it gets to the point where one cannot even get up after the wave because another one is coming in. I manage to get up after one of them (they're still relatively small at this point, nothing to worry about), and ride the crest of the one coming in. This one is pretty huge, and it keeps getting bigger. In a split second it's taller than the hotel that's right on the shore, and I'm still on top of it. As soon as it begins to crash, I wake up. I heard their screams.
An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you tried becoming lucid in your dreams? I know some are able to use that to control bad dreams.
I had lucidity in a dream when I was really young, once. There was a woman in a mall with her back turned to me. I knew she was going to scare me with her skeleton face, so I told her, and when she turned around it wasn't scary. I have premonitions in dreams like this semi-often, but the dream usually beats me to the punch and manages to become horrible anyway.
Post a Comment