An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Here is what I did on Sunday:

I woke up between 10 and 11. I did some sit ups. Then, I got in the car and went to the Newark Farmer's Market. It was pretty empty, because they probably just opened. I walked around there for a while, and asked some guy who ran a computer shop if he had something I would want. I wanted something I could put into one of my 5 1/2 inch bays that would allow me to plug a pair of headphones into my computer on the front side, instead of going around to the back. He had no such product. I looked at some clothes, but they sucked. I left. I got to the Kirkwood Public Library at like 12, but they didn't open until 1pm. So, I went on a walk. I walked a bit further than the entrance to Delaware Park. I walked past Murray Manor and Murray Manor II, and then I couldn't walk any more; the sidewalk was closed because of construction. I wanted to walk around all the construction stuff and see the water, but I couldn't do that. There was too much mud, and my shoes sunk in pretty far. I turned around to walk back, and a medium-sized dog came out of a trailer and ran to a tree to urinate. Some young guys came out and called the dog a fucker. I asked them if they wanted me to get the dog, and they didn't respond. I shrugged my shoulders and started on my way back to the library. On the way back, I made a point to stick my feet into a couple of streams of water flowing down the street (it was an incline, and had rained the previous night) in order to clean the mud off a little bit. I'm sure I looked crazy to people who drove by, standing in the gutter and whatnot. I became hungry, and tried to stop at a pizza / italian eatery on the way. It was closed. I got back to the library, and there I checked out the 2004 Johns Hopkins Whitepaper on Depression and Anxiety disorder and a book on Hitler called "Hitler: The Pathology of Evil." I got a new library card too. I haven't had a Delaware Public Library card in years. I'm glad I have this card now / again.

No comments: