An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Wait, so how does this work?

Often times I think about life, and how cheap this all seems. I was born into an era with no great mysteries. All things are attributed to science. What is not known is already on its way to becoming clear. The people of this country...no, rather, the intellects of westernized culture have come to an understanding of most things. I agree with most of the things they say, but not all. There are things I don't get, mostly about my life, and what I am to do with it. I'm supposed to go to school for 16 years or more in order to get a job that will probably be unimportant, except in the respect that it will allow my boss to get more things, or I will be producing or taking part in the production of things that people buy. In exchange for this work that I do that allows people to get things, I am given currency that allows me too, to purchase things, the only stipulation being that in exchange for the things, I give them my currency, and the only way to replenish this currency is to perpetuate this cycle of things. Once this gets boring, I look for something more. I look for a mate which in this culture is ideally one that I take for life, and share my things with. This mate and I, we are to make one or more offspring. The number of offspring we create may or may not be up to us, depending on our level of intelligence, responsibility, belief, cosmic dice, and a lot of other factors. We are to bring these children into this world, into this culture where they too may discover all of these things that they are being allowed to have, but ultimately ending up nowhere, and just working for things all over again.

No comments: