An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

A Weekend In Review: More of a short piece on nothing in particular

I'm not really sure what to say here right now, so I'll just say anything and everything that comes to my mind. This weekend was overall not bad. It was even good, I did not do a whole lot. I enjoy the company of people a lot, and I enjoy the company of some more than others. I feel like I'm getting a better grasp on what kind of person I am and want to be. Also, I feel like I'm learning more about the kind of people I like to surround myself with and spend time with. No matter how well we do in life, we always have issues and things to overcome. There are always things to overcome, no matter how rich, poor, happy, or loved you are. Everyone has to make decisions, and decisions are often difficult. Some people cower away from decision making through various mediums, and they avoid decision as long as possible. That's cool with me though, because a decision will only lead to more decision making. There is no one decision we can make that will make the other decisions in life easier, as long as we do not look back in pity at the decisions we made, and wonder "if only I made the other choice." It's really all about looking forward. Looking forward and being around people who you like. I wish it could stay this way, and stay this simple, but if I'm going to fit into this culture I'll have to spend large periods of time around people who I do not want to spend time with, to make a check in order to support my lifestyle. Once I figure out how to do that blindly, I will have "gotten it."


I find some people extremely interesting. It is not a surprise that the interesting people are also relatively new.


I feel very at peace. I want to talk to someone about this good feeling.


I want to solve more mysteries about life, and what I'm doing, and mysteries of human interaction; sometimes I think it would be much easier if I could just know what anyone was thinking at any given time in order to do the most desirably reply / action at any given time, but then I wonder if that might take a lot of the magic out of life. Okay, maybe I don't want to know what people are thinking at any given time, but I just wish I had a little bit of guidance in some situations. It's rough being a clod.


There are a lot of films I want to see. A lot of films indeed.


There are five kinds of people in this world for me, right now: People I want to meet, people I want to spend more time with, people with whom I am content as far as our interactions go, people I want to see less, and people I never want to interact with.

The above statement could very well be a lie, as I am somewhat torn on the idea of not wanting to meet some people. I say this, because sometimes I feel like everyone has something interesting to contribute, and something to teach me, regardless of how vapid they may be.

Kant said that oneself and others should be treated as ends, and never as means to an end. What if people are both the means and the ends? Right now I feel as though I need to meet more people in order to find out how to interact with and read people, so people are both the means and the end.

I ate a lot of Japanese food.

I know I said this would be about a weekend in review, and it kind of is. The question about interpersonal interactions is one that has been plaguing my mind all weekend.

Also, if any of you read the post I made about the SXSW festival and the large torrent, I haven't listened to a lot of the songs. Not nearly as many as I wanted to anyway. I'm only in 'C' now. Only song #110.

No comments: