An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

DFA79, or: How I Got My Face Melted Off And Enjoyed Every Moment Of It

Holy fuck that show was all kinds of awesome. The crowd was absolutely rabid. Sebastien was talking a lot of shit to the kids in the audience who were saying things. His caustic wit was hilarious. Like, someone was complaining about the bass, and he was like "Well you're in the fucking mosh pit, if you want it to sound good go stand in the middle like everyone else." (That is not exactly what he said, but it was pretty similar.) There was a lot of other stuff that happened, and all of it was cool. All of the other bands were pretty good but Controller.Controller was really awesome as well. When you have 5 people on stage rocking out, it is generally awesome. I want to hear more of them, and I want them to put out a full length album (they had an EP on sale at the show that I did not pick up but would like to hear very much).

It was memorable to say the least.

No comments: