I saw Q And Not U last night and it was an amazing and fun show. There were a lot of good people there, I had a great time. I spent about 45 minutes trying to find parking, and it was such a fucking bummer I almost gave up and went back home. A decent spot magically appeared on Market Street though, so I stayed in Philadelphia. No, seriously, it was like 45 minutes.
In any case, I went into the show and I missed some of Horses' performance. What I saw was really pretty good though. Manhunter was next, and they showed the crowd a good time. People danced, Manhunter danced, fun was had by all. Then there was this hip-hop act, Food For Animals. I did not like it very much, and I am a gigantic hip-hop fan. I really dug the noise, but the rapping was lackluster, although there were a few good punchlines. I felt it was more like some guys on stage jamming, and a fat bearded guy just enjoying himself doing some rapping on the stage, and not really giving a shit about the crowd, or his flow. Actually, that's EXACTLY what it was. The crowd was bored. We were all bored, but they were enjoying themselves pretty hard. It was like they were just all up there masturbating, and we were waiting for them to finish up. Q And Not U though: Damn they were amazing. It was so much fun. I don't usually shake my ass, I am a pretty rigid person, or at least I was until then. Last night I shook my ass. I shook it for quite a while and enjoyed it.
An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment