I was just thinking about some things. The Pope totally died today, and that's ok I guess. I'm not at all religious, nor do I agree with Catholicism. Also, I think Jesus was a crazy crazy man, and not really the son of God. Immaculate conception doesn't hold up today, and it wouldn't hold up back then either. Anyhow, back to the Pope. I wonder how his last hours were. Did he lose faith in God? Was he able to think about such things as his faith, and question whether or not he would arrive in Heaven? If he did not believe in God or the afterlife, how would he feel knowing that he was pushing ideas he didn't even believe on so many followers around the world?
There have been a lot of famous deaths this week. This is a great week for Death! This has been my spring break too, and most of it has been moist. Not moist like a delicious cake, moist like uncomfortably wet outside.
I did not learn as much as I wanted to learn this week. However, I did learn and do some things. Above all, the most interesting part of the week was getting my bike working again and riding it; White Clay Creek State Park is right behind my house, and there are a lot of trails. I cold bruised my ass on the bike seat, and it hurts still. It is now Saturday. I have not gone biking the last couple days because of the wetness. The wetness on the ground.
Sometimes I think about people and things that may or may not exist, and wish they did. Mostly people. I know some good people, yes I do. Sometimes I wonder if there are other good people in the world aside from the relatively few that I know. Often times I assume that a good person is rare. I do question this though. Sometimes I think that I limit a person's potential goodness or quality if you will by being cold and focusing on things about them that I dislike. It is at once disheartening and inspiring to consider the old saying that everyone is the same on the inside, and has the same needs and whatnot. I often think of myself as more or less than most others, depending on the situation. More or less able to feel things, or understand things, or consider things. By being this rigid person who refuses to loosen up, and in some cases cannot do so, I probably limit the quality of my own interations with people. On the other hand though, when I see people interacting in a loose manner, I do not always feel comfortable picturing myself engaging in identical or similar activities. From this, I must wonder if that is what people like about me; if I altered this aspect of my being somehow, would this garner more positive or negative feelings from those around me? I feel like I do not have a firm grasp on others. I've said enough about this.
And now, onto current developments on the arts & entertainment side of things in my life:
I've been listening to the new Decemberists album a whole lot. It's very good, and I feel like every song is my favorite song. But of course that's not all I've been listening to. I heard some Nellie McKay songs that I enjoyed. I am very excited about the collaboration between Ghostface and MF Doom. Wow, that will be exciting. The new Prefuse 73 album is also a good time. Then of course there are staples that I love, and always play. I need to add something to my to do list. This thing I need to add is as follows: I must find something better than audioscrobbler that will show me my music listening statistics and habits. I am curious about such things. On the internet / computing front, nothing is really new around here. Xbox is an amazing piece of hardware that does pretty much everything. PS2 is still cool and Useff and I were discussing how Xbox games do not have the personality of PS2 / Gamecube games, but that is something we can save for another time.
An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.
Saturday, April 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment