This afternoon, I dreamed that myself and a friend were in a strange urban environment, at the center of which was a summer camp or kindergarden. I am not sure which, but it had aspects of both; there were free meals, but lots of playing and very little intellectual stimulation. Somehow wine and Wellbutrin were involved too. I think a third friend was getting sloppy with the wine (from a box, probably, but I do not remember) prior to our trek into the child's camp, and we each decided to help ourselves to a couple of glasses of the red stuff. I cannot be certain as the details are fading away, but we may have been posing as kindergarden children. We were fucking getting away with it, too. We had an advantage: The caretakers were all old black cracked out ghetto bitches, like the ones that may or may not have been YOUR lunch ladies, depending on where you went to school. Let's say for all intents and purposes that they were not all black, but they were still like, you know..."Lunch Ladies." Anyhow, it was like we walked into the middle of some kind of festival, or recess, or something. We were just hanging out and having a good time, and things started to get weird. My attitude and perception of things were both a little bit skewed, as if reality did not have its usual effect. I attributed this to the Wellbutrin and the alcoholic spirits which I had forgotten about imbibing. Anyhow, there were some guys hanging around the friend I brought, and one of them was grabbing her in such a way that would imply they were together. I said to her, aside, "Is that your boyfriend?" or something to that effect. She replied "No, and this is creeping me out." Then, we did the logical thing to deter any further advances from this undesirable element: we made out, and it was a good time. The guys left of course, and I was left with a feeling for the friend that seemed new, but it may have just been lying dormant for a while. Anyhow, things are a bit blurry after that, and we may have gotten sort of physical again, but I do not remember. The important thing that happened next was dinner. It was being served! It was kind of difficult to get our dinners because a lot of people were slipping in front of us and we were too polite to stop them. So we had to wait a while, and then I totally fucked things up and made the lunch ladies mad. I think I knocked over something small and it caused some sort of domino effect that knocked over one of their overly large and cumbersome serving trays. They served me though. I remember having issues picking a place to sit, but I do not remember the food, or how it tasted. I think it was some kind of peppered fish and bread, which is strange since I no longer eat fish. This story is about to come to a close. I think we just talked about things we didn't have, and then we either a) walked off into the sunset, or b) I just woke up so the dream never really ended.
I am still one large bruise from Friday's broom hockey game. Maybe I'll write about that later today, or tomorrow.
Maybe I won't write about it.
An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.
Sunday, April 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment