An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Day Can't Get Me Down

I woke up this afternoon at 4:45. I had class at 5pm, so this was not what I would consider a good thing. I grabbed a gatorate, put a meatball sandwich in the other hand, and walked outside. What happened when I got outside was unexpected: it was like a heatwave, mixed with a blizzard, mixed with torrential downpour - only the opposite of these things. It was the nicest day I had seen in a long time. At this point, I made a decision: I wasn't going to let today get me down. I ended up missing that class; I was 20 minutes late, and it wasn't in the class listed on my schedule, but that is ok. On the way back to my car from my failed attempt at attending the class, I growled "fuck." But that's as far as I'm letting it go. This day won't be getting me down.

No comments: