An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Monday, February 21, 2005

I Need Some Antihistamines Up In This Bitch

So , it looks like I'm sick again. Lovely. I'd like to say that I think I have a problem:

Sometimes, I enjoy the feeling of being sick. I like the dull warmth in my skull. It can make me say and do weird things, and I seem to laugh more. Laughing sucks though, because it makes me cough. Coughing hurts right now. This is some kind of respiratory infection.

Anyway, enough about being sick. What's really important is a) it looks like I'm not going to this first class of the day (AT LEAST) , as it starts in 10 minutes.

b)

...

Free Xbox. Soft modded (no chip), with a 250GB Hard Drive in there now. Oh Lordy, as good as the PS2 was to hack up, it is nothing compared to this. The Xbox scene is so much more professional. The "homebrew" software on this thing is insane. It's an excellent media player, the controllers are awesome too...the S controllers anyway - the big ones are terrible and gigantic, like the fucking system. Oh God, is this thing ever huge. I cannot remember owning a bigger, more cumbersome system. But really, I'm not complaining. It's a beautiful piece of big-ass machine. For those wondering, it is highly unlikely that I will write a guide to chipless modification for this console. It is far more complex to do, and there are already decent guides for this on the internet. I would not want to write a guide, and have people complain to me that their system is totally f'ed now, because they did something wrong. Furthermore, I even less want to write a guide, and ME screw something up in the guide, and be responsible for a bunch of dead Xboxes / hard disks / people (from the potential Xbox modder going overboard on a fit of rage over screwing everything up, and it was all they really had in life. That Xbox was all they had going for them, and now it's gone.) As I see it, the PS2 thing was very simple, and there were not any very straightforward, easy, step-by-step guides on the internet - none that I had seen anyway, and especially not with pictures showing you what's up and a detailed explanation of where to get stuff and what to get.

Oh yeah, and that hard drive I mentioned? How does 40 cents per gigabyte strike you? Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good deal myself. Anyway, one must take the good with the bad. I've definitely got a little of both going right now.

No comments: