An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

I am pretty fucking hip

I just wanted to make a post about what it's like to be hip, and how I feel about being hip. I feel I am hipper than a large percentage of people in my age group (probably more than half), as I know about things in the music, film, and technology world before they go to the fucking dogs. That's right, I said it. I feel I am hipper than most people my age and it seriously annoys me when something that I consider awesome and to be rather exclusive goes on to impress the lowest common denominator. I hate to lose cool music and movies to idiots, because that makes me feel as though they are less cool. I am glad however, that I was able to absorb whatever goodness was exuded by such things long before the others caught on. I love being hip (Or hep if you prefer. I like hep. I'll start using that word, because it's basically out of use. This in itself is hip [hep].). I love my hep friends, we are pretty damn hep together and we talk about hep things and stuff. I do not dress hep however. I am not keen on fashion, and I feel like I am behind, or actually adjacent to the curve in the fashion respect (I do not generally wear what is cool to most people; fuck a doo rag and long white tees), but that does not bother me. I am comfortable in my elitism. I am glad that I am not too elite to enjoy some things, but elite enough to discover things before they start to suck. And believe me, when undesirable people discover things that were once cool, they really do begin to suck.



Oh Lord, I am such an asshole.

No comments: