An older, slightly deprecated blog. "Blog." What an uncomfortable word.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Oh yeah, I saw Sage Francis!

Twice, this weekend. We saw him in Philadelphia and followed him to Baltimore the next night. The Philadelphia show was ok, but I missed a great deal more than half of the performance on stage because of tall motherfuckers and loud motherfuckers. It became really annoying, especially when these drunk guys decided they wanted to crowd surf and be loud and terrible during a few spoken word pieces by Sage. I yelled at them. The last few minutes were great though. A ton of fools left before the encore, and I met Varick Pyr, who produced Bridle and is an internet celebrity.

The Baltimore show was a hell of a lot better. The crowd was friendlier, and far more receptive to the artists on stage. We got to talk to MC Squared for a few minutes, and he was quite cool. On the way home, I found myself wondering about life on other planets. I believe that there must be life on other planets, simply because there is life on this planet. As rare as it is that the right conditions for life were met here, the universe is vast enough for those conditions to be met somewhere else. It was believed that there was nothing on the other side of the Atlantic, but exploration proved that idea wrong.

No comments: